1. Kilchoman is named so because the distillery sits in the parish of Kilchoman, Kilchoman Church is only a few hundred metres from the still house.
2. It takes 17 days to transform harvested Kilchoman barley into new make spirit which is filled into casks
o 1 day drying the harvested barley
o 2 days steeping
o 5 days malting
o 1 day peating
o 2 days Kiln drying
o 1 day mashing
o 4 days fermenting
o 1 day distilling
3. Only 10 casks of Kilchoman were filled in 2005, the distillery’s founding year.
4. Kilchoman is approximately 1/10th the size of Islay’s next smallest distillery and 1/50th the size of Islay biggest distillery.
5. Kilchoman is one of only 7 Scotch whisky distilleries practicing traditional floor malting.
6. Kilchoman was the first distillery to be built on Islay for 124 years.